Before you decide to speak in person with a lawyer, there are some questions you can ask them over the phone. The answers given by the lawyer is to get a better idea before hiring the right one to represent you. These are some of the questions helping you to narrow down the best lawyer.
- Does the Lawyer charge any kind of consultation fee? – If yes, then ask them the cost as well as the duration of the consultation.
- What is the mode of payment? And can you negotiate the fee? The answer to this question can help you to ask more questions.
- Have they handled a similar case to yours? How similar was the case? When was the last time they handled a case similar to yours?
- Is the lawyer alone going to handle the case? Or will someone else represent him during his/her busy schedule?
- For how long has the lawyer been practicing law? Does he or she have a valid license? What areas are they permitted to practice?
- What will be the outcome of your case? How much will it cost and for how long will the case run for?
- What will be the mode of communication? How frequent will be you be communicating with them?
- Can the lawyer refer another professional lawyer in case he or she hasn’t handled a case similar to yours?
- What information is needed by the client to the lawyer during a personal meeting?
There are construction law solicitors who can represent you to deal with construction-related matters.