The seven basic face shapes are round, oval, oblong, base-down triangle, base-up square, diamond and triangle. Based on The Vision Council, there is a special kind of frame that works best for each of these shapes. Here's what you need to bear in mind when you pick your new glasses:
1) Round – You desire angular a clear bridge, narrow eyeglass frames and rectangular shaped frames since a round face has curved lines with the width and length in the same proportions and no angles.
2) Oval – This is considered to be the perfect face shape. If you have an egg-shaped face you need to choose either eyeglass frames that are as wide as or wider than the widest part of the face or walnut-shaped frames. You can look for budget friendly eyewears at https://www.stevenalanoptical.com/collection/mens-eyewear/.
3) Oblong – The oblong face is longer than it’s wide, has a long cheek line and in some cases a longish nose. If your face is oblong-shaped, the finest glasses for you're the ones with frameworks that have more depth than width, decorative temples or a low bridge.
4) Base-up triangle – If the top third and little bottom third of your face are very wide it means you've got a base-up triangle shaped face. What suits you best in this case are frames that are wider at the bottom, light colors and materials and rimless frame styles.
5) Diamond – An interesting fact is that this is the rarest face contour. The diamond face is characterized by jaw line and a narrow eye line and test bones that were broad.
6) Square – This face shape is recognized because of the powerful jaw line, broad forehead and by the fact that the width and span of the face are in the same proportions.